Jan 26, 2007

Keep Holding On

"Keep holdin' on
Cause you know we'll make it through
We'll make it through
Just stay strong
Cause you know I'm here for you
I'm here for you”


Aren’t you familiar with this song?
It is a popular song by Avril Lavigne.
This song
had touched me so much. You know why?
It describes me when I am feeling down or I feel so very lonely.
It is saying that you should have to sacrifice or to hold on and there is a special person in your life that is always there for you no matter what happen.

I am a Grade 4 student at that time. When suddenly mom’s merchandising business had bankrupt. She had just earned at that time, maximum was 50 pesos a day. And the money earned in that business was the money that we had to use for our food and other important stuff. So there are times when we have to walk to school which was about 2 kilometers far from our house. We had to save and eat so little breakfast, lunch and dinner. At that time, my mom was feeling so down and did not know what to do to supply our everyday needs.

One night, I saw her crying at the veranda of our house.
“Ate, what will I do?” my mom asked me with tears in her lovely eyes.
“Mom just hold on. Maybe God had better plans for us. Maybe HE is testing our faith to HIM. HE will gonna help us. And please do remember that we are always here for you no matter what happen” I answered her.

And that day really came. My mom had received money from my uncle (her big brother) to start again a new business. And it did really come. I thanked God for giving my mother strength and I also thanked HIM for sending me to my mother to inform her that God had better plans for us.

“You're not alone
Together we stand
I'll be by your side
You know I'll take your hand
When it gets cold
And it feels like the end
There's no place to go
You know I won't give in
(no) I won't give in”

There will be a special person that God will send to you to comfort you and to be with you always. Together, they will fulfill their dreams by helping each other.

“There's nothing you can say
Nothing you can do
And there’s no other way when it comes to the truth
So, keep holding on
Cause you know we'll make it through
We'll make it through”



Having so many problems is part of being a God’s disciple. It is a test for you and you must answer it by a faith to HIM. Just always remember that God will never fail you if you will just pray and love HIM, HE will always be in your sides always. And also remember. “Keep holding on, because you know we will make it through, we will make it through.”

No comments:

Background