Jan 25, 2007

Smile...


We used it to show people that we are happy to be with them. According to Wikipedia’s dictionary, “In physiology, a smile is a facial expression formed by flexing muscles most notably near both ends of the mouth, but also around the eyes. Among humans, it is customarily an expression of pleasure or amusement, but can also be an involuntary expression of anxiety, in which case it can be known as a grimace. There is much evidence that smiling is a normal reaction to certain stimuli and occurs regardless of culture. Happiness most often causes the smile to occur, though. Many studies indicate that smiling is an innate reaction, as children blind from birth, and even human fetuses smile; however feral children generally do not smile, perhaps lending evidence to the contrary, perhaps indicating the profound psychological disturbance that results in a member of a social species brought up with no elders or peers. Among animals, the exposure of teeth, which may bear a resemblance to a smile, are often used as a threat - known as a snarl - or a sign of submission. In chimpanzees, it can be a sign of fear.” Smile makes feel people happy. You don’t even know that one smile can change a person’s life.

It was just my first day in my Grade I class one June morning. I did not even know any person except my cousin but she was just hanging with her sosy friends at that time and I think that she even did not want me around, so I sat at the corner to someone who will greet me, “Hello!!!What is your name?” and then smiles at me. But it did not happen. During our lunch break, I was eating with my grandmother because she was a teacher at that time. I saw a thin and tall girl sitting at the corner. I don’t think that she was my classmate because I did not even saw her in our class. Then I learned that she was a student in Section C. I really want to be with her at that time. Then after one week, I did not have a best friend at that time except for friends like a fat girl that knows how to sing the Colors of the Wind (which was my favorite song that time) During our gardening class, that thin girl I saw at the school canteen walked behind me. I did not see it but I felt it that it was her. I then faced back to see her. Then she gave a nice and beautiful smile the world had never seen. Of course, I never reply that smile with a snob but instead I replied it with my pretty smile that made the two of us laugh. From that time I think I saw a friend. A best friend that will be forever and that that will never leave me, of course.

See?! My life had changed because of that smile. Sometimes a tired man who was very tired from his work got home. But because of his daughter’s smile, he felt that all his worries from work was all gone. That was me!!! If I think a person had worries, I give the most beautiful smile I can give and of course that person will reply too. Smiling is one effective gift that you can give to your love ones and of course it can changed my life and even your life as well. Don’t be sad now. Smile!!!

No comments:

Background