Jan 18, 2007

Love Is...





There are many love songs that we hear this day or for short different love songs nowadays. There is “Accidentally in Love” by Counting Crows, “I Wanna Know What Love Is” popularized by Sarah Geronimo and who cannot forget the “If We Fall In Love” by Yeng Constantino featuring RJ Jimenez which is one of the theme song of the country’s number one Koreanovela, Princess Hours.

Even if there are these love songs explaining about this unexplainable word which is LOVE, other still do not know all about it.

LOVE!!! It is a feeling that cannot be got out from your mind, your soul and of course your heart. Even if you will have wrinkles in your forehead you still cannot forget this unexplainable word. Even little children know how to love. This unexplainable word is for everyone. It is for old or young, with teeth or without teeth.

Love is for little children are all about crushes and stuff. Because I used to be a little child, I experienced having puppy loves but it was just the joking stuff. There is also one time when I was a Grade 1 student, and then this boy was my partner in dancing during our closing exercises because we have the same height and our teacher said that we have the same color of skin (because I used to have a white skin when I was a child) so we become partners. But our classmates putted thoughts about the partner-partner thing. During my Grade 2 life, they teased me with this boy. Often I go home crying and sometimes I warned them that I will report what they did to my grandmother which was known being a strict teacher. But that was a longtime ago. Well back to our very topic, children also have this sort of puppy loves and because they are so young they did not know what the real meaning of this LOVE is.

Love for teenagers are all about giving roses, going to dates and other things that teens do when they are in love. Of course, crying is one incident that is often there when they say they are in love. But if you will gonna ask what I have in this stage which is being a teenager, I am gonna answer you with NONE. It is because being in love when being a teenager is all about the crying and the dating stuff and of course I will not cry without any valid reason and just love. Honestly I do not want to be hurt and I know that being hurt is a part of being in love.

Love is for adults are sacrificing. Some sacrifice their wealth for his/her love ones just like what I saw in soap operas. It is about sacrificing your life for your love ones. It is about sacrificing your happiness for the happiness of others. I really cannot forget one story when it says sacrificing your happiness. The story goes like this:

“This girl had a crush on a campus heartthrob. She keeps on waving and smiling and sending letters to this guy. But the guy still does not pay attention to the girl. He even does not say “Hi”, “Hello” to the girl. After 10 years, the girl married. When the wedding is over, she saw the guy that she had love so much outside the church. He then asked, “How are you? Hope you are fine!” The girl answered, “I have been finer if you are my groom”. Then the guy said with tears in his eyes, “I am so sorry. I sacrificed my love for you to see my brother happy this day” And then he walk away”
If you are about to ask me what love is for me, it is not about lovers. It is all about loving, sharing and caring. It is all about loving for your family and friends, sharing your blessings to people who do not have these blessings and caring for the people around you. That is the real meaning of love!!! It is not about going to dates or giving roses. It is all about loving, sharing and caring and of course sacrificing sometimes.

Now you can answer me if I ask, “Love is…”

No comments:

Background